Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just when you thought you've seen it all: Star Wars Burlesque


Being a big fan of burlesque, I've seen a few shows recently and I'm delighted that the scene is catching on. Taking a step away from raunchy into something a little more seductive, burlesque mixes gothic cabaret with Moulin Rouge-esque escapades and the eventual striptease, emphasis on the tease.

For my account of one of the last shows that I watched, take a look OVER HERE.

If you want to know a little more about the genre check out THIS link to the lovely ladies over at Black Orchid Burlesque, a Cape Town based troupe. Great girls, great performers.

In any case, I recently came across a very bizarre article and even more bizarre images...someone decided that mixing Star Wars and burlesque would be a good idea.

I'm not so sure. We been plagued by Leia's weird golden bikini for too long, and NOW THIS?

You make up your own mind, you geek you.






[SOURCE] [Full Gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment