Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Runaways


I hate the Twilight series. So, so much. I hate the way it ruins vampires, I hate the way it blatantly waves it in our faces that it is nothing more than a shameful pop-culture cash-in masquerading as fiction. I also hate the way it ruins Kristen Stewart.

She has proven herself a good actress with her pre-Twilight films, but now I can't hear her name without thinking about sparkly vampires and self-obsessed teenagers. Then I saw the trailer for The Runaways, which I will be calling The Possible Redemption of Miss Stewart. It looks fantastic.

The Runaways deals with the famous all-girl rock band of the same name from the 70's that performed alongside the likes of The Ramones, the Sex Pistols and Blondie.

Kristen Stewart plays Jett and Dakota Fanning, who is all grown up, stars as Currie.

I'm holding my fingers crossed for this one. Empire Records and Almost Famous are two of my favourite movies of all time, and I am hoping that this at least compares to the brilliance of these two. Only time will tell, so the best we can do now is take a look at the trailer:



Oh, and for interest's sake, here is what The Runaways really looked like. Hmmm...70's babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment