Friday, June 1, 2012

Star Wars 1313

I've been rewatching the "enhanced" Star Wars films the last while, and I couldn't help but scoff at how they were butchered by George Lucas. No, I'm not even talking about Anakin and JarJar, I'm talking about all the "additions" made to the originals which are such a contrast that it essentially ruins a few of my favourite scenes.

That is another discussion for another time, though. The point I am trying to make is that there is loads of potential in the Star Wars universe. There are countless amazing stories that have been penned and imagined, most of which exceed the original franchise materials but somewhere the people that make the big decisions have dumbed it down to a level where most fans just prefer to give up on the Star Wars universe.

Now and then a bit of news gives us all new hope, though (see what I did there?). This week it takes the shape of Star Wars 1313, a new game that is in development.



The player will take the role of a as yet unnamed bounty hunter that uses a range of exotic weapons to plough through 1313, a very dangerous location on or underneath Coruscant, to bring criminals to justice. By justice, I am pretty sure they mean "a messy and violent death".

The game promises to cater for a more mature audience, with epic set pieces and fast gameplay.

I am definitely holding thumbs. I enjoyed Force Unleashed 1 and Knights of the Old Republic but something fresh is definitely needed. Though, I haven't tried the Star Wars MMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment